Brian D. Lerner is a Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
Many years ago, Los Angeles Immigration Attorney Brian D. Lerner has passed a rigorous examination and extensive experience requirements by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. He can handle the most difficult of immigration cases arising from business visas, work permits, Green Cards, non-immigrant visas, deportation, citizenship, appeals and all other areas of immigration. He received his B.S. Degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis on Computer Information Systems, from the University of Southern California. He graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law with a Juris Doctorate degree.Mr. Lerner is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the California Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st Circuits. This means that he can prepare and file all Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court cases in most of the United States.Mr. Lerner handles all types of immigration cases, but does a significant amount of deportation cases. As a deportation attorney, he is able to apply for many types of relief in Immigration Court, such as Cancellation of Removal, Asylum, Convention Against Torture, Adjustment of Status and more. A deportation attorney can also try to get the case terminated which Mr. Lerner has done many times.
As for all immigration matters at the Immigration Courts, USCIS, BICE, BCBP, BALCA, Department of Labor, and the Board of Immigration Appeals, our firm can prepare all matters in every state in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam. Mr. Lerner has traveled all over the United States to help people with their immigration needs.Mr. Lerner can handle the toughest of deportation cases as well as any appeal, Petition for Review or Motion to Reopen case. Mr. Lerner is frequently present in immigration court, representing individuals in deportation, removal, waiver asylum, withholding of removal and adjustment of status hearings. He has prepared numerous appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals and other appellate boards at the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. He has appealed and argued cases in the Circuit Court of Appeals all over the United States.Mr. Lerner has prepared business visas for individuals from all over the world. Our firm has clients from practically every continent on Earth. His visa experience extends to Treaty Traders, Treaty Investors, Intercompany Transferees, Speciality Occupations, Training programs, and NAFTA visas. He has extensive experience in most all other types of visas issued. In addition to his visa experience, Mr. Lerner has prepared Multinational Manager, National Interest Waiver and Extraordinary Alien petitions for highly qualified foreigners.Mr. Lerner’s clients are from all over the United States and many countries around the world. Immigration Law is Federal Law. Therefore, a petition or application would be prepared the same in Texas, Florida, or any other State as it would in California. It is more important for you to make sure that you have an expert attorney in Immigration Law prepare your case, rather than a lawyer who happens to be local. There is too much at stake to just give your case to anyone.Mr. Lerner will fight for you and your family. Since he is married to an immigrant himself, he is committed to helping people from all around the world to come to the United States to realize their dream.
Our office does not do Immigration Law part-time. Rather, it is 100% of our practice. He could not be a certified expert in Immigration and Nationality Law if he did not spend 100% of my cases on Immigration Law.
CERTIFIED SPECIALISTS IN IMMIGRATION LAW
Get Immigration Help from an Immigration Attorney who is a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law.
Why does the State Bar Certify Legal Specialists?
- To help the public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law.
- To encourage the maintenance and improving of attorney competence in specialized fields of law
- To have immigration services done by a professional who knows all the laws of immigration and nationality law.
Preparation of immigration petitions and applications is far more than just filling out forms.
What Does it Mean When an Attorney is a “Certified Specialist”?
- Taken and passed a written examination in Immigration and Nationality Law
- Demonstrated a high level of experience in Immigration and Nationality Law
- Fulfilled ongoing education requirements
- Been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with his or her work
A certified specialist knows the overall picture and can discuss different strategies to help you choose the best one for your needs.
What Can a Certified Immigration & Nationality Law Specialist Do for You?
- Advise you, your family or your business so that you do not loose out to faulty immigration document preparation or failure to properly analyze your case
- Identify problems and proactively avoid unnecessary expense, delays and rejection by the INS
- Keep you current with changes in the law which affect legal rights or status and help with past mistakes
- Protect your legal rights if contacted by the INS
- If apprehended by the BCIS , you need qualified representation in bond and deportation hearings to assure due process and appeal rights
- As an employer, representation at BCIS audits and investigations assures compliance with verification and hiring requirements and avoids fines or penalties
- Protect your lawful residence status
- Help you obtain U.S. citizenship